|Candidate Name||Isobel Johnson|
|Electoral Ward||Shetland North|
|Description (if any)||Scottish Conservative & Unionist|
My name is Isobel Johnson, I live at Symbister, Whalsay. Our business is retail. I do office work, clean toilets etc. I am on the congregational board of our local kirk. I am very old. I stand as a conservative candidate for the North Mainland, for the following:-
- I am backing Britain and its accountable parliament.
- I am backing the council. I want to stop Holyrood taking more powers. I want to stop its centralising policies.
- I am backing the fishing industry. I want Britain to have control of our coastal waters to the 200-mile limit in accordance with international law. I want to stop Nicola Sturgeon giving them away to Europe.
- No more referendum (at least for a generation).
Clement Attlee once said, “The referendum has only too often been the instrument of nazism and fascism.” Hitler had 4 prior to WWII.
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 400 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.Support Shetland News