This User Agreement governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this agreement in full. If you disagree with any part of this agreement, you must not use our website.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
You must not without our prior permission:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution such as our newsletter.
Limitation and exclusion of warranties and liability
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Whilst we endeavour to Nothing in this agreement will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this agreement:
- are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
- govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this agreement, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We may update this agreement at any time by publishing a new version here.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this agreement
This User Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website, and supersedes all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws of the United Kingdom, and any disputes relating to this agreement will be subject to the [non-]exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom.
Registrations and authorisations
This website adheres to the Standards Code adopted by IMPRESS. If you have a complaint about editorial content which relates to inaccuracy or intrusion, visit Make a Complaint.
The full name of our company is Shetland News Online Ltd.
We are registered in Scotland under registration number SC566561
Our registered address is The Knowes, Lunning, Vidlin, Shetland, ZE2 9QB
You can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our VAT number is 856 5090 07