Scoop - A safe and enjoyable shopping experience

Emergency services / Fire crews called to Burra house fire

TWO fire appliances from Lerwick were called to a house fire in Hamnavoe on Tuesday.

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said they were alerted to the fire in Burra at 12.37pm.

The fire, which started in the office of the dwelling house, was out on arrival of the fire service. Crews remained at the scene to make the building safe.

The house is understood to have suffered some considerable smoke damage as well as damage to office equipment.