widget/wp-exchange-widget-31widget/wp-exchange-widget-34
leaderboard/post-middle/0

Community / Rat poison scare for dog walker after pellets found near Hoswick

Police say at this time it is believed that the pellets were there as part of an attempt to deal with rats in the area

The pellets pictured on the pathway into Hoswick on Wednesday.

A DOG walker says her pet had a lucky escape after eating what appeared to be pellets of rat poison sprinkled on the path leading to Hoswick.

Kayleigh Ewan said her four month old dog was initially sick but is now doing okay following advice from a vet.

Police said they were alerted to reports of rat poison pellets on the public path on Wednesday, but at this time it is not believed to be anything sinister.

The area has been professionally cleaned.

“Police have been informed by local residents this area is well populated by rats,” officers said.

“At this time it is believed to be accidental cross contamination in an attempt to deal with the vermin population.”

Ewan said on Thursday morning about her dog’s condition: “Thankfully he is OK, but because of where it was put it could of been a child that picked it up.

“Thankfully no real harm was done and the police were brilliant.”

Police asked anyone with information to phone 101 or attend Lerwick Police Station.

Categories
Tags
widget/wp-exchange-widget-33widget/pd_widget-8widget/pd_widget-9widget/pd_widget-10