A NUMBER of transport forums are set to take place over the coming weeks to allow people to have their say on Shetland’s transport needs.
Set up by Shetland’s transport partnership ZetTrans, the area transport forums will be will take place twice a year across the islands.
These meetings will provide the foundation for ongoing dialogue on all transport issues with individuals, communities, groups and businesses, according to ZetTrans.
Forums in Lerwick and Gulberwick will take place on Saturday (31 August), with events then scheduled over the next few weeks.
To register for any of the events, contact ZetTrans on 01595 744868 or email@example.com.
Transport policy and projects officer Robina Barton said: “We are keen to develop forums in each of the seven localities defined in Shetland’s Partnership Plan to ensure consistency of development with other agencies across Shetland.
“We want to build up groups that are representative of their communities and the different interests within them. The door is very much open to get involved and I would encourage anyone with an interest, anyone reliant on public transport, and anyone that would like to make more use of public and active forms of transport to consider taking part.”
The schedule of forums is as follows:
- 31 August – Gulberwick Community Hall, 10.30am to 1pm.
- 31 August – Sandveien Neighbourhood Centre, 2.30pm to 5pm.
- 1 September – Voe Community Hall, 2.30pm to 5pm
- 2 September – Scalloway Museum, 6.30pm to 9pm
- 3 September – Bressay School, 6.30pm to 9pm
- 4 September – Uyeasound Community Hall, 6pm to 8.30pm
- 5 September – Fetlar Community Hall, 6.30pm to 9pm
- 7 September – Strom Park Club House, 10.30am to 1pm
- 7 September – Walls Community Hall, 3pm to 5.30pm
- 8 September – Mid Yell Community Hall, 2.30pm to 5pm
- 9 September – Ollaberry Community Hall, 6.30pm to 9pm
- 10 September – Carnegie Hall, Sandwick, 6.30pm to 9pm
- 11 September – Staney Hill Community Hall, 6.30pm to 9pm
- 12 September – Whalsay Heritage Centre, 6.30pm to 9pm
- 13 September – Skerries Community Hall, 1pm to 3.30pm
- 18 September – West Mainland Leisure Centre, Aith, 6.30pm to 9pm