THE DEATH of a person in Shetland who had Covid mentioned on their death certificate was registered last week, according to National Records of Scotland data.
Meanwhile the death of another person in Shetland who tested positive for Covid at some point in the 28 days before they passed away was registered in the week prior.
A further 69 positive Covid cases in Shetland were reported today (Friday).
The local Test and Protect team will also be distributing free lateral flow test kits in various locations around Shetland after Scottish pharmacies stopped stocking them.
Test boxes will be on offer on these days and locations:
- Saturday 9 April – NorthLink terminal 4.30pm – 6.30pm
- Sunday 10 April – Sumburgh Airport 4pm – 7pm
- Mon 11 April – NorthLink terminal 7.30am – 8.30am and Clickimin 10am – 3pm
- Thursday 14 April – North Mainland Leisure Centre, Brae 12pm – 3pm and NorthLink terminal 4.30pm – 6.30pm
- Friday 15 April – Clickimin 2pm – 6pm
- Saturday 16 April – North Mainland Leisure Centre, Brae 10am – 1pm and West Mainland Leisure Centre, Aith 2.30pm – 4.30pm
- Sunday 17 April – NorthLink ferry terminal 7.30am – 8.30am
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 540 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.Support Shetland News