POLICE removed a burned out van from near Kalliness, Weisdale, on Thursday after a blaze was put out by fire fighters.
Rescue services got a call to the fire at about 1.30pm with two appliances from Lerwick fire station attending.
The engines were on scene at 1.52pm and found the fire already well developed. They managed to put it out with one hose reel jet and two sets of breathing apparatus.
A police spokesman said that the occupants safely exited the vehicle and were unhurt.
The Citroen Nemo van was undriveable and taken away by a recovery vehicle.
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 540 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.Support Shetland News