Ocean Kinetics - The Engineering Experts

Over three years in jail for supplying heroin

A FORTY seven year old man has been sent to prison for three and a half years after admitting to supplying heroin in Shetland this summer.

Allan MacLean, whose address was given as Grampian Prison, pleaded guilty to the charge when he appeared from custody at Lerwick Sheriff Court on Monday.

He admitted to being concerned in the supply of diamorphine at an address in Lerwick’s Hoofields on 6 July this year.

MacLean’s 42-month prison term was backdated to 7 July.

Meanwhile, a 38 year old man who breached his bail conditions by being found at a Lerwick address in without lawful authority and who was found with a hypodermic needle in his jacket pocket has been jailed for 10 months.

John Gibson, of 44A Bruce Crescent, Lerwick, was found at an address in the town’s Leslie Road on Sunday where it could be reasonably inferred that he intended to commit theft.

He admitted that charge, along with one of culpably and recklessly telling police that he had no sharp implement on his person. When searched by officers the needle was discovered in his jacket.

Gibson had been granted bail at Lerwick Sheriff Court on 25 November.

Also in court on Monday was Sean Robertson, 24, of Fjakari, Ocraquoy, Cunningsburgh,

He pleaded guilty to behaving in a threatening or abusive manner by repeatedly entering a house in Lerwick’s Browns Road without invite, refusing to leave when instructed, before shouting, swearing, behaving aggressively and making threats.

Procurator fiscal Duncan Mackenzie said the house belonged to Robertson’s girlfriend’s sister.

The fiscal said the supermarket nightshift worker had been drinking on Sunday and was agitated.

When he went to the property his girlfriend and her sister had been unable to pacify him and he eventually started threatening to get “someone called Frank” to come and beat them up.

Defence agent Tommy Allan said Robertson had no recollection of the incident and found waking up in the cells an “unnerving experience”. He was sorry for his behaviour and wanted to mend his ways.

Sheriff Philip Mann deferred sentence until 20 January to allow social work reports to be compiled.