Dear voters of Lerwick South,
I was raised and lived in Nederdale for almost thirty years. I now live at Observatory. Lerwick South is my home. I believe that an individual should live amongst those that they seek to represent. Hence my decision to stand in Lerwick South.
Please find below my ward specific commitments for Lerwick South if fortunate enough to be elected by you in May.
- I’ll make myself available to listen to the queries, concerns and ideas of the residents of Lerwick South and represent their interests.
- I’ll work with residents and stakeholders to ensure the Knab development is sympathetic to the existing community complimenting what already exists.
- I’ll engage with the residents of ‘Da Sooth End’ and SIC departments to establish a realistic action plan to improve the physical environment of this part of Lerwick.
- I’ll maintain regular contact with residents and SIC Housing to ensure that Sandveien kitchen replacements are kept on schedule.
- I’ll support tenants by giving them a voice to ensure continued maintenance to an ageing housing stock.
- I’ll work with Bells Brae Parents Council, AHS Parents Council, SIC and Police Scotland to help alleviate parking and congestion issues outside schools at drop off and pick up times.
- I’ll work to ensure youngsters in Lerwick have a safe place to meet friends informally. SIC has a role to play in making this a reality. The first step is asking the young people what their place should look like.