A NEW council grant scheme, financed with cash generated from Crown Estate revenues in Scotland, is now open to applications.
The scheme is open to charities, community organisations, social enterprises and other community or public bodies and it provides grants of between £10,000 and £100,000 to projects that follow the priorities of Shetland’s Partnership Plan such as:-
- People participating and influencing decisions on services and use of resources;
- Individuals and families thrive and reach their full potential;
- Make Shetland an attractive place to live, work, study and invest;
- Ensuring all households can afford to have a good standard of living.
The grant scheme has a two-stage application process, and details, including guidelines and the stage one application (Expression of Interest form), can be found at: www.shetland.gov.uk/economic_development/Crown-Estate-fund.asp
The first closing date for stage one applications is Monday 7 September.
For any queries on the scheme contact Michael Duncan on 01595 743828 or Sally Spence on 01595 744915, or e-mail email@example.com
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 540 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.Support Shetland News