FIRE fighters attended a fire at the Dragon House takeaway in Lerwick on Wednesday afternoon.
Three appliances attended the scene at Kantersted Road after the call came in shortly before 4pm. There were no injuries.
The fire was extinguished just after 5.20pm but crew stayed for about an hour longer to dampen down the scene.
Four breathing apparatuses, two hose reel jets, a thermal imaging camera and a foam extinguisher were used.
In a Facebook post following the fire, the Dragon House praised the work of the fire service and said it would be back “better and stronger then before”.
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 440 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.Support Shetland News