Have fun with our quick Up Helly Aa quiz, see how many you can fill in without searching the internet.
Either download the quiz here, or use the one below.
3. First saw ‘him’ in 1899
5. Verses in UHA song
13. Lady who stopped the festival
15. Junior Guizer Jarl 2009
17. The fiery month
20. 2015 start location
21. Bird on first shield
1. Largest standard squad size allowed
2. Top man
4. 1979 galley
6. 17 members
7. Where to visit UHA in the summer
8. Local boat designer
9. Guizer Jarl 2015
10. Responsible job
11. 2003 song
12. 1936 character
14. The night walkers make this
16. The day the torches get a soaking
18. Held in fist
19. The melodic school hall
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 400 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.Support Shetland News