FIREFIGHTERS attended a house fire in Dunrossness on Tuesday morning.
Crew from Sumburgh, Sandwick and Lerwick were alerted at around 6.30am after the occupants heard a loud noise from house’s utility room.
The fire was extinguished by 10am.
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were alerted at 6.32am on Tuesday, 20 August to reports of fire within a dwelling near Dunrossness on Shetland.
“Operations control mobilised three fire appliances to Serene Hame and firefighters worked to extinguish the flames. Crews left the scene after ensuring the area was made safe.”
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 380 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or by monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.Support Shetland News