GOVERNMENT grants of either £1,000 or £1,500 are now available to a narrow selection of businesses and employers affected by the latest Covid-19 restrictions brought in on 7 October.
Applications to the coronavirus business hardship fund can be made from today (20 October) through to 3 November.
Eligible for the scheme are:-
- Hospitality businesses and gyms required to operate in a restricted, but not those providing takeaway food as the core of their business;
- Producers/wholesale businesses supplying primarily perishable supplies to hospitality businesses required to close or operate in a restricted way.
Applications to the fund can be made via this link: https://www.shetland.gov.uk/businesshardshipfund while further information on the new fund can be found at https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/service/funding/coronavirus-restrictions-fund
Any queries should be directed at Business Gateway Shetland by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01595 707451.
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 400 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.Support Shetland News