After the recent activity by Energy Isles I took a look at their website at https://www.energyisles.co.uk
The idea that 50 huge turbines built on peat is in any way going to reverse climate change is laughable. This project like all the other wind farm proposals in Shetland is all about money.
I have two questions for Energy Isles;
- Firstly – do you actually believe your own propaganda?
- Secondly – since Energy Isles want to be perceived as some sort of ‘capitalist eco-warriors’ why have approximately 50 per cent of the consortium investing in this worthy project been too embarrassed to put their names out in the public domain?
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 350 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or by monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.Support Shetland News