Ocean KineticsOcean KineticsOcean KineticsOcean KineticsOcean Kinetics

Fire at Lerwick laundry

A LERWICK laundry has been closed until further notice after a fire broke out in its building on Kantersted Road on Monday evening.

Manson’s Laundry and Dry Cleaner said smoke damage was caused after a faulty machine caught fire.

It needs to re-clean customers’ items before re-opening the building.

A fire also took place in the laundry back in 2016, with damage caused to a pile of clothing.

Three fire appliances – two from Lerwick and one from Scalloway – attended the building on Monday after the call came in at about 6.30pm.

Four sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera were used before the incident was over by about 7.10pm.

It comes just months after fire crews tackled a blaze at the Dragon House takeaway on Kantersted Road just a couple of metres away from the dry cleaners.

Categories