AS OUR lives become even more reliant on digital technology, it’s no wonder the consumer now expects their purchasing and customer experience to be a digital one too.
Being digital not only transforms the customer experience, it can make running a business easier, providing a potential financial boost and helping to turn a local company into a global one at a few clicks of a button.
But it’s not just about websites and email anymore, social media, Search Engine Optimisation, digital marketing all play a huge part in helping businesses thrive online; and thanks to Business Gateway’s DigitalBoost programme it’s never been easier to upload online success.
So if you are unsure about how to get online or simply need assurances that you’re doing the right things to gain more exposure across the Internet, DigitalBoost can provide an answer.
Ran on behalf of Digital Scotland by Business Gateway, DigitalBoost offers you access to a range of free support including:
- Local workshops
- 1:1 advice from a digital expert
- Online digital health check
- Downloadable guides
- Online tutorials
Power up your digital knowhow
Throughout the year, DigitalBoost workshops provide local businesses with access to practical, hands on expert advice that can help grow your digital footprint – all for free. Over the coming months, Shetland businesses can sign up to:
- Enhance your business with Digital: September 24th – This workshop will help you discover the opportunities and risks of using digital and of not using digital, and will offer simple next steps for you to take to enter the digital world.
- Producing Engaging Online Content (Intermediate): September 25th – Learn to understand, source and measure content.
- Pinterest, Instagram and Photography for Business: November 6th – Find out how to use image sharing apps Pinterest and Instagram to grow your business, and learn how to shoot, process and upload photos.
- Video Production for Social Media: November 6th – Learn how to create a short and effective video, including how to pan, shoot, edit and upload it without special kit or expertise.
- Email Marketing (Intermediate): November 7th – Being able to engage your customers in conversation is a key way to create sales and this workshop will help you use email to its full potential.
To find out more about DigitalBoost workshops visit www.bgateway.com/shetland.
Seabirds and Seals online success soars
When Marie Fullerton and Brian Leask were looking to take over established tourism business Seabirds and Seals, the couple looked to Business Gateway Shetland for support.
One year on and the business is sailing along, with the company offering boat trips to see the famous seabird and seal colonies around Noss National Nature Reserve and Bressay.
Now, having taken the Digital Health Check online, which resulted in 21 hours of 1:1 advice from a digital expert through the DigitalBoost programme, the business is now number one on Google.
“Rene Looper, our digital adviser, was amazing,” Marie said. “He highlighted a range of techniques we could easily incorporate to help our rankings including asking customers to review us on Google.
“Since adding instructions to our business cards on how to leave a review we’ve had 50 five-star reviews and we now have top ranking on Google. We were also advised to be more active on social media and have launched Instagram and Twitter pages to complement our Facebook page.
“All the advice given has made us more confident and helped us gain more exposure – and bookings.”
Find out how Business Gateway Shetland can help you by calling 01595 707451 or visit www.bgateway.com/shetland.