SHETLAND Livestock Marketing Group in conjunction with Aberdeen & Northern Marts were able to hold its multi-species sale on Wednesday, which was postponed from last week.
Demand was steady according to auctioneer Rod Mackenzie as 18 Cattle, 259 Sheep and 11 lots of machinery were sold.
- Bullocks to £805 and 210.2p per kilo for a pen of 3 Charolais crosses form Messrs Halcrow, Tow, Cunningsburgh, average 198.9p;
- Heifers to £780 and 192.1p, also for Charolais crosses from Tow to average 191.5p;
- Grit ewes to £53 for Cheviot/ Shetland crosses from R G Ramsay, South Collafirth, Ollaberry;
- Cast rams to £79 for Suffolk from Messrs Johnson, Setter House, Lochend;
- Store lambs to £63 for Suffolk crosses from South Collafirth;
- Ewe lambs to £51 for Cheviot x Shetland from South Collafirth.
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 600 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.