A WOMAN driver was taken to hospital in Lerwick and treated for minor injuries after a two vehicle road accident on the B9074 at Scalloway at 6.30am on Saturday. Police are carrying out investigations into what happened.
Also at the weekend:
– at 5pm on Friday a lorry shed its load in the Tingwall area;
– two men were arrested for fighting outside a pub in Lerwick at 11.30pm on Saturday, resulting in a report to the procurator fiscal.
Police are also seeking the owner of a blue 125cc motorbike that was stolen from Lochside, in Lerwick, where it was advertised for sale.
The bike has been recovered and two teenagers have been charged with theft, but anyone with information about the bike is asked to get in touch with Lerwick police station on 01595 692110.
Become a supporter of Shetland News
Shetland News is asking its many readers to consider start paying for their dose of the latest local news delivered straight to their PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Journalism comes at a price and because that price is not being paid in today’s rapidly changing media world, most publishers - national and local - struggle financially despite very healthy audience figures.
Most online publishers have started charging for access to their websites, others have chosen a different route. Shetland News currently has over 540 supporters who are all making small voluntary financial contributions. All funds go towards covering our cost and improving the service further.
Your contribution will ensure Shetland News can: -
- Bring you the headlines as they happen;
- Stay editorially independent;
- Give a voice to the community;
- Grow site traffic further;
- Research and publish more in-depth news, including more Shetland Lives features.
If you appreciate what we do and feel strongly about impartial local journalism, then please become a supporter of Shetland News by either making a single payment or monthly subscription.
Support us from as little as £3 per month – it only takes a minute to sign up. Thank you.Support Shetland News