I was born and raised in Yell and have lived in Shetland all my life. I am married to Cathrine and we have a young son, Rasmie.
I have had a varied career, and currently run my own business consultancy, offering support to small businesses and social enterprises throughout the islands. I also undertake work on behalf of the Energy Saving Trust.
I am standing for election because I believe I can bring a positive and fresh perspective to this crucial next term of the Council. I have a real fear that the scale and areas of proposed cuts have the potential to kill off our remote communities. They are also disproportionately targeting the vulnerable in the isles. I will fight strongly against these cuts.
My Vision for Shetland and the North Isles
• I want to see our island communities given the resources and support that they need to thrive, rather than having to fight just to retain what they’ve got.
• I want to see the most vulnerable given assistance, rather than targeted for easy cost savings.
• I want to see social and environmental impact given proper consideration in any major cost-cutting proposal.
• There is no value in saving money if it irreversibly damages our communities and our environment.
• I want to see greater openness and transparency from Shetland Islands Council
For access to my full manifesto please see: http://www.couttsforcouncil.com
Phone 01595 830329