Empty widget.
Empty widget.

Former Church Building, Stove, Sandwick

 

Sizeable, detached, former church building close to the local shop and post office, school and swimming pool in the centre of the village of Sandwick. Lerwick approximately 14 miles.

The gross internal floor area extends to around 153m² currently comprising an 11m x 7m sanctuary, two meeting rooms, kitchen, toilets, large entrance area and loft.

Could suit a variety of uses, including possibly residential, subject to any necessary consents required.

 

The Building

The original stone building is understood to have been built in the early 1800’s with later extensions of varying forms of construction in the 1950’s and around 1990 when the toilets, kitchen and the Sunday school room were added, all below a slate roof.

With the exception of a single glazed window in the vestry, the windows are otherwise double glazed, either hardwood or uPVC. It has mains electricity and water and is believed to be connected to the mains sewer. Electric heating is provided by a mix of electric tubular radiators and panel heaters.

The property is being sold in its current condition and subject to any existing access rights. No warranties will be given in respect of any contents or services.

 

Other Uses

It is assumed that the property would fall within Class 10 of the Town & Country Planning (Use Classes) (Scotland) Order 1997 – Non-residential institutions, and therefore could alternatively be used as a crèche, day nursery, day centre, educational establishment, museum, art gallery or public library without the necessity of planning permission for a change of use. Alternatively the property may be suitable for other uses, including possibly residential, although this would be subject to the necessary consents being obtained.

Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves regarding the current permitted use and any change of use or alteration by contacting the local planning and building standards departments directly for further information/advice. Offers subject to obtaining planning permission and/or a building warrant for a change of use will not be considered.

 

External

The property sits in around 1/8 acre as shown on the plan, the site including the parking area to the north up to the fence. The boundaries to the east and west lie just out with the footprint of the building. The boundary to the south is the stone wall marking the boundary of the neighbouring house to the south.

 

To arrange a viewing contact the Agent on 01595 695583.

 

Click on map to make it interactive.
Empty widget.