Workshop Foreman – Permanent Role – Lerwick
Lerwick Engineering and Fabrication have a Workshop Foreman vacancy to join us at our Greenhead base in Lerwick. The role will be to work within a dynamic team across a range of industry sectors.
Since being formed in 1994 the highly skilled and flexible team at LEF have nearly 30 years of extensive experience in all aspects of engineering solutions. We offer a complete 24/7 – 365 days a year service to the Oil & Gas, Decommissioning, Marine, Renewable, Utility and many other industries. LEF prides itself on providing high levels of service to an industry that never stops and is always changing. We have a prime quayside location where our facilities include workshops and storage areas totalling 14,607m2. This includes one of the largest fabrication workshops and also a purpose-built blast and coating facility. LEF are always driving forward to improve not only the diversity of our service’s but also our staff with first class expert training both locally and throughout the UK. This enables us to always guarantee the highest quality of work.
At LEF we have a thriving workforce with a positive, can-do attitude. If it can be made, we’ll make it. If it can be fixed, we’ll fix it. We’re here to provide a service to all companies who need efficiency and manpower, but we’re also here for our community. We’ll champion the developing workforce offering career opportunities for Shetland.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Organising jobs for staff and completing time sheets
- Implementing strategies to optimize workflow and operational efficiency
- Ability to interpret/work from fabrication drawings
- Ensure work areas are kept to a high standard, of tidiness and cleanliness
- Managing and mentoring staff
- Writing up reports and records for completed work
- Meeting with management to deliver feedback and develop work optimization strategies.
- Ensure shared fabrication equipment are kept tidy and maintained correctly.
- Ensure that the quality and health and safety management systems are followed and any problems, perceived or real are managed
- Have a pro-active approach to all tasks carried out and demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Good Housekeeping
- Production of quality product within acceptable time scale
- Quality assurance – All staff are responsible for the completeness of their work and reporting any quality, or perceived quality problems through the Workshop Manager
- Good time management and problem-solving skills
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 7 years Experience Essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Customer focus
- Understanding of deadline achievements is essential
- Full Clean UK driving licence
The above position carries very competitive rates of pay and benefits along with a generous holiday entitlement and company car.