Grieg Seafood Shetland Ltd is recruiting for the following position:
Grieg Seafood Shetland Ltd is expanding its workboat service team. The role of the workboat service team is to provide support and carry out operations across our production sites. This will include:
- Net changing and preparatory work
- Supporting site staff to undertake fish treatments
- Site installation and maintenance of grids and moorings
- Tow and lifting operations where required
- General site work (where needed)
Mate positions require a minimum of:
- RYA Powerboat Advanced/Coastal Skipper (or equivalent) certificate of competence (commercial endorsement); basic sea survival; first aid and fire fighting training.
- Demonstrable track record and competence in site installation and maintenance work.
- Additionally, an ‘appointed persons’ lifting qualification would be seen as advantageous.
The successful candidates will be self-motivated, attentive to detail, a team player with a strong focus on health and safety. The appointed crew members must be willing to operate the vessel at short notice, across any of our farming areas for varying lengths of time.
An excellent salary is offered, working a 2 week on, 2 week off shift rota, inclusive of holidays. Performance and loyalty-based bonuses are also available for this post.
For an informal discussion regarding these positions, please contact Robert Sales (Skipper) on 07384 514059 or Michael Smith (Farms Manager) on 01595 741808.
To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is Tuesday 27 October no later than 16:00hrs.