We’re looking for a Storeman to join our team in Lerwick. This opportunity is also available at apprenticeship level.
As a storeman, you will be responsible for the accurate booking in and booking out of all items for stock, sale or repair. You will also be required to assist with cutting and preparing goods ensuring conformance to the customer’s requirements.
Main responsibilities will include:
- receive in all goods delivered to the company
- inspect all goods received
- enter of all goods received to the system
- be responsible for the goods in/out areas to comply with health and safety and insurance requirements
- maintain quality, batch control and traceability of all parts
- issue stock parts to the workshop when required
- assist with regular stock checks and spot stock checks
- purchasing items from suppliers
- pick stock items in accordance with the outgoing paperwork
- package all orders for safe delivery to the customer/suppliers
- liaise with the various carriers used for delivery to customers.
- cut and prepare materials for workshop/customers
- use the computer stock system to maintain accurate records and carry out stock transfers
- maintain a safe and hazard free working area
- use of forklifts when required
- deliver goods with company vehicle
- undertake any other ad hoc duties when required.
All applicants must be able to work:
- safely and to a high standard
- overtime when required.
Please send expressions of interest and full CVs to email@example.com.