|Address||Market House, 14 Market Street, Lerwick, Shetland ZE1 0JP|
|Salary||£22,501 per annum pro rata|
|Closing Date||5pm, 30 June 2021|
Service Manager (Part-Time)
Lerwick, Shetland Islands
In every corner of Britain, Royal Voluntary Service mobilises volunteers to support those in need, in hospital and in the community.
Through the gift of voluntary service, our volunteers provide much-needed support for over-stretched public services. They work at scale in the NHS, freeing up staff to dedicate more time to patient care, and within communities to give practical help and support to people when they need it.
Our staff are some of the most passionate and dedicated people in the country, who contribute directly to making society better connected, more inclusive and a place where everyone can thrive.
We’re looking for a Service Manager to join us on a part-time basis working 28 hours per week.
As the Service Manager, you’ll oversee the delivery of our Shetland Community Services, including Lunch Clubs, Social Clubs, Community Transport and support for Care homes across the area.
This role is based in Lerwick in Market House, with other Third Sector Agencies but travel across the islands may be required. You will manage services across the area, as well as support the development of new services to meet the needs of the people of Shetland.
In this important role, you’ll oversee all aspects of the service, including people, finance, governance and external relationships.
Specifically, you will:
– Motivate and co-ordinate staff and volunteers
– Network with other third sector groups to refer clients into
– Identify ways to help more people access services
– Ensure that the services are delivered in line with our standards and policies
To join us as our Service Manager, you will need:
– Experience of managing and motivating teams of staff and volunteers
– Previous experience of managing or working with volunteers
– Excellent communication skills
– The ability to prioritise tasks
– Managing budgets and monitoring spending
Why you should join our team
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from the following:
– A salary of £22,501 per annum pro rata
– An employee assistance helpline
– Potential flexible working
– A great pension scheme
– 25 days’ holiday per annum pro rata plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
How to apply
If you think you’d succeed as our Service Manager, please apply here Charity work | Royal Voluntary Service
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Closing date: 5pm on 30 June 2021.
Anticipated interview date: 7 July 2021.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that’s representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.