L2MA – SCQF 5 Professional Cookery
Apprentice Chef – Mackenzie’s Farm Shop and Café
We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice chef to learn from our existing chef and to develop your skills at the same time. This position will be offered as an apprenticeship position so you will get the opportunity to work towards your SVQ2 and/or SVQ3 in Professional Cookery. The qualification will be delivered through Train Shetland and will take 2-3 years to achieve.
The applicant for the apprentice Chef or Cook position must possess the following attributes:
- Attention to detail;
- A good timekeeper;
- Be of smart appearance;
- Possess clean and tidy work methods;
- Be able to work in a busy environment with others and eventually on their own.
The apprentice will receive training in and be expected to perform the following duties:
- Be able to prep, cook and serve cafe style meals, soups and sandwiches;
- Make toasties, baked tatties, burgers and prepare hot meals such as lasagne, fish & chips, sausage rolls, quiche, pizza, etc.;
- Have an ability to make sweets, treats, desserts and cakes;
- Assist on Supper nights or function nights.
Hours/wage will be dependent on the applicant’s age and experience and will be in line with apprentice minimum wage rates.
To be considered for the vacancy, please apply directly to Train Shetland. Please do not send CVs. Applicants will need to complete a copy of Train Shetland’s application form in which you will demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the post. Application forms can be obtained from Train Shetland by the following methods:
Phone: 01595 743743
Address: Train Shetland, Gremista, Lerwick, Shetland. ZE1 0PX
We look forward to receiving your application.