|Address||Greenhead Base, Gremista, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PY|
|Closing Date||26 January 2022|
Lerwick Engineering and Fabrication have a pipe fitter vacancy to join us at our Greenhead base in Lerwick. The role will be to work within a dynamic team across a range of industry sectors.
The role would involve working from fabrication drawings to a high standard and may also include site work. A trade test may be required during the interview process.
Since being formed in 1994 the highly skilled and flexible team at LEF have over 20 years of extensive experience in all aspects of engineering solutions. We offer a complete 24/7 – 365 days a year service to the Oil & Gas, Decommissioning, Marine, Renewable, Utility and many other industries. LEF prides itself on providing high levels of service to an industry that never stops and is always changing. We have a prime quayside location where our facilities include workshops and storage areas totalling 14,607m2. This includes one of the largest fabrication workshops and also a purpose-built blast and coating facility. LEF are always driving forward to improve not only the diversity of our service’s but also our staff with first class expert training both locally and throughout the UK. This enables us to always guarantee the highest quality of work.
At LEF we have a thriving workforce with a positive, can-do attitude. If it can be made, we’ll make it. If it can be fixed, we’ll fix it. We’re here to provide a service to all companies who need efficiency and manpower, but we’re also here for our community. We’ll champion the developing workforce offering career opportunities for Shetland.
- Passion for engineering,
- Experience prepping pipework for welding
- Minimum 3 years’ time served experience
- Good Communication skills.
- Capable of working alone, or equally as part of a team.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to quality of work.
- Flexible approach to working times in line with company’s reactive nature.
- Organised and methodical
- Good attention to detail
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Forklift ticket
- Full driving licence
- Demonstrable experience in pressure testing
- Experience in non-ferrous and exotic materials
- Prep pipes for welding
- Work to engineering drawings
- Work to isometric drawings
- Play an important role within a team
- Ability to report progress on own work as required.
- Ability to stick to strict time scales.
- Ability to deliver to a high standard.
- Willing to work at customer sites as and when required
- Contribute to design for fabrication and installation as required.
- Input into your training requirements.
- Ensure timesheets are completed for your own time on the date and time assigned by your line manager.
- Hold relevant and up to date certification with registration for role applied for.