Job Function / Scope
Primarily responsible for operating within the Serco Northlink area in a safe and controlled method, to operate the Serco Northlink supplied Tug Masters and forklifts, to have a general awareness to contractors plant and equipment requiring to be loaded / unloaded from the various ferries operated by Serco Northlink. To remove or secure the various trailers / vehicles being loaded / unloaded to or from the various ferries. To stow the securing equipment in the dedicated area on board the various Serco Northlink ferries.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure safe-working practices at all times.
- Participate in daily toolbox talks and any other toolbox talk that may be required – ensuring all relevant. Personnel are fully aware of the job task prior to commencement of work.
- Empowered to “stop the job” if an action is considered unsafe and report to line supervisor.
- To carry out the daily checks on the allocated tug master and ensure the vehicle is fit for purpose.
- When asked, to carry out the daily checks on the forklift before use.
- Loading / discharging trailers to and from the Serco Northlink ferries.
- Removing and fitting the securing equipment from the various vehicles being loaded / unloaded from the various ferries and stow the securing chains / turnbuckles in the dedicated area.
- To cover the rear door duties when loading / unloading of the various ferries, ensuring no damage is done to any of the equipment being loaded/ unloaded.
- Ensure effective communications with Line Supervisor as and when required.
- Comply with all relevant company work instructions and procedures for each job function. Suggest any improvements to improve service delivery and amend work instructions.
- To take an active part in the weekly yard inspection and report any imperfections.
- To report all damage done or seen to the supervisor immediately.
- Comply with Level 1 of HSE Employee Responsibility and Accountability.
- Comply with Level 1 of Peterson Values & Behaviours.
- Punctual time keeper
- Customer satisfaction
- Safety performance
- Service delivery
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous knowledge of working a tug master (desirable)
- Forklift licence up to 3 ton (desirable)
- ADR (desirable)
- Computer literate (desirable)
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.
How to Apply
For further information please contact:
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Telephone – 07788 316354
Email – Clawie@onepeterson.com