|Address||Greenhead Base, Gremista, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PY|
NDT Technician/Welding Coordinator
A vacancy has arisen here at Lerwick Engineering and Fabrication Ltd to become a part of our team.
This position will be a mixture of working on various sites and also in the engineering workshops, and requires the ability to work as part of a team and also independently. This is a permanent role not shift working.
Previous welding experience is essential, this position would ideally suit a welder who is looking to progress into the inspection/QA side. There will be relevant training provided for this role.
Essential skills required
- Experience in welding/fabricating items from engineering drawings
- Experience in using different welding process’s TIG, MIG, SMAW/MMA
- Ability to follow instructions and work to tight timeframes
- Ability to work on multiple priorities
- Ability to work with all levels of employees
- Have a pro-active approach to all tasks carried out and Demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Strong Word/Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
Preferable skills but not essential
- Updating and reviewing welder qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 3834 and BSEN 1090 standards
- Carrying out weld audits
- Compiling documentation packages
- Welding Inspection/NDT
- CSWIP 3.0/3.1 Visual Inspection
- PCN Level 2 MPI/DPI
The above position carries very competitive rates of pay and benefits along with a generous holiday entitlement.
To apply please telephone or email L/E/F on 01595 692349 or email@example.com for an application form to submit along with CV and cover letter.