Modern Apprenticeship: Adult Social Care
Employer: Shetland Islands Council – Community Health & Social Care
Number of posts: 9
Fixed term – 2 years apprenticeships
Part-time, 35 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
Modern Apprenticeships in Adult Social Care are now available with the Shetland Islands Council. These posts were originally advertised in March of this year but the recruitment process was suspended due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Please note previous applicants need not reapply as their application is on file and will be considered as part of this recruitment. Detail for these positions can be found below.
Please note that although these posts are described as Modern Apprenticeships there are no restrictions on age for these positions. These posts can accommodate applicants with little previous experience of employment. They can equally offer others with more experience of employment an opportunity to retrain in a new career.
Do you wish to become a fully qualified Social Care Worker and join a registered profession?
Community Health and Social Care are recruiting Modern Apprentices to join existing residential care teams across Shetland, supporting elderly adults, adults with mental health and adults living with learning disabilities and autism. The Modern Apprentices will learn how to provide person-centred support in accordance with legislation and guidelines, and how to attend to the physical, social and emotional needs of customers within residential accommodation. Support will be given to study in the work place and via the Shetland College. This will allow the successful candidates to understand their role fully and to gain a Scottish Vocational Qualification Level 2 in Care.
Modern Apprentices work 35 hours per week in a shift rota system, including evening and weekends, working flexibly to meet the requirements of customers within 24 hour Services. An enhanced hourly rate is paid for weekend working.
Working within the Social Care Sector can bring great satisfaction for both staff and customers. So, if you are interested in working with people, have good interpersonal and communications skills, Community Health and Social Care would welcome your application.
For full information on the role of a Modern Apprentice with Community Health and Social Care, please see the Job Profile and Person Specification.
- The grade of this post is A/B
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1172 per hour
- 9 x fixed term, part-time posts for 35.0 Hours per Week each, 52.18 weeks per year – 2 years apprenticeships
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
These posts are based in various locations throughout Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Robbie Simpson, Amanda Malcolmson or Muriel Forbes on 01595 744462, 01595 7445040 or 01595 744344. Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Closing date 19 July 2020.