A vacancy has arisen here at Lerwick Engineering and Fabrication Ltd for an experienced Machinist to become a part of our team.
This position will be based in the engineering workshops, and requires the ability to work as part of a team and also independently. This is a permanent role.
Consideration will also be given to potential candidates who have welding and fabrication experience.
Essential skills required:
- Experience using Lathe & Milling machines to tolerances as required
- Experience reading/interpreting engineering drawings
- Experience in strip down/rebuilding of various types of plant/equipment or parts thereof
- Experience in maintenance planning/carrying out maintenance of varied plant/equipment
- Ability to follow instructions and work to tight timeframes
- Ensure that Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality management systems are followed
- Have a pro-active approach to all tasks carried out and demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
Preferable skills but not essential:
- Experience in welding processes such as TIG, MIG, SMAW/MMA
- Experience in interpreting fabrication drawings and fabrication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The above position carries very competitive rates of pay and benefits along with a generous holiday entitlement.
To apply please telephone or email L/E/F on 01595 692349 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form to submit along with CV and cover letter.