|Address||Nordhus, North Ness Business Park, Lerwick, Shetland ZE1 0LZ|
As recently announced we will be merging with Anderson Strathern in April and will be working to expand the Shetland practice. The Shetland office’s client base includes private clients, families, landowners and SMEs, with practice areas focused on conveyancing work, private client, crofting law with some commercial and matrimonial work.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Legal PA to join our Shetland team in a busy and varied role based at the firm’s modern offices at North Ness Business Park, Lerwick. You will be providing secretarial support to the solicitors, as well as some reception duties and other routine office tasks.
You will be responsible for
- Formatting complex legal documents
- Drafting and finalising client invoices
- Drafting general documents and correspondence
- Opening of new clients and matters including carrying out anti-money laundering checks
- Liaising with fee earners and cash room department to make transfers/payments to clients
- Audio and copy typing accurately and efficiently
- Diary management for fee earners/partners
- General administrative tasks including filing, scanning and printing
What you will need to succeed
- Previous Legal secretarial experience
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Understanding and adhering to client confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Advanced MS Office, particularly formatting in Word and the use of Outlook. Working knowledge of Excel would also be advantageous
- Experience of a legal case management system would be desirable
What you will get in return
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. You will be provided with training opportunities to develop and build your career in a friendly environment.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to Jennifer Smith (email@example.com).