Greenkeeper – Shetland Golf Club
Dale, Gott, Shetland, ZE2 9SB
An opportunity has arisen for a new greenkeeper at Shetland Golf Club. We run the 2nd most northerly golf course in the UK, an 18-hole moorland course situated 5 minutes from the outskirts of Shetland’s main town of Lerwick. We have over 300 members plus a large number of visitors throughout the year, but mainly in summer, enjoying the long daylight hours and summer-evening golf.
We are looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic individual for this role. We are offering an employment contract but we will also consider a contract for services with a sole-trader who is self-employed.
- A competitive basic salary of £21,000 to £24,000 dependent on experience and qualifications,
- Bonus payments on the achievement of quarterly targets,
- Contributory pension scheme,
- Statutory annual leave
- Opportunity to improve and develop the golf course
- Opportunity for skills, training and development
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum SVQ Level2
- Full UK Driving Licence
- PA1, 2, 6A Spraying Certificates
- Greenkeeping experience
- Knowledge of and commitment to applying Health & Safety at Work
- Current First Aid certification
- 360 excavator certification
We are looking for an individual who will:
- Be able to work a varied Summer/Winter work pattern
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude and good communication skills
- Be able to manage and supervise seasonal greens staff
Any offer of employment will be conditional on confirmation of satisfactory health and fitness for the demands of the job. Health assessment information will be required.
We require all candidates to use our application form, available online through our website www.shetlandgolfclub.co.uk. We will not accept CVs or deal with recruitment agencies.
For more information candidates should email email@example.com.
For general information about Shetland: www.shetland.org
Closing date for receipt of application forms is 12 noon on Friday 7 February 2019.