Fish Technician – Hatchery
Grieg Seafood is a leading producer of quality farmed salmon, with a proven track record of achievement.
The company is one of Scotland’s largest producers of Scottish salmon with an annual production of 18,000 tonne.
- The primary responsibility of a Fish Technician is to undertake the day-to-day husbandry duties involved in the running of the hatchery ensuring the health, welfare and performance of the stock is optimised. Acting as part of the hatchery team you will be expected to carry out your duties to a high standard in accordance with health and safety regulations, company policies and external quality scheme standards.
- This role entails (but is not limited to):
– Daily feeding of salmon fry, parr and smolt
– Cleaning and maintenance of tanks and systems
– Health and performance monitoring
– Grading, vaccination and sea-transfer operations
– Water quality monitoring
– Data collection, input, and analysis.
Although preferred, the successful candidate need not have any previous knowledge or experience of fish farming. They must have a methodical, hands-on approach to work, have good numerical skills, be self-motivated and show great attention to detail. The successful candidate must also have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Full training and a salary commensurate with existing qualifications and experience is offered alongside additional performance and loyalty-based bonus schemes.
For an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Jon Walden (Freshwater Production Manager) on 01595 747 300; or Bernardo Sumares (Assistant Hatchery Manager) on 01595 747 301.
To apply, please e-mail email@example.com for an application form.
Closing date: Wednesday 13 November 2019