Grieg Seafood Shetland Ltd is recruiting for the following position:
The position would entail
- Undertaking the marine planning process for our finfish sites. This involves engaging with local stakeholders in pre-application discussion, to preparing Environmental Statements, as required under the Environmental Impact Regulations.
- Assessing the potential impacts of a development upon the benthos, water column, protected species and habitats, the landscape and other users.
- Undertaking baseline survey work and subsequent data analysis, including hydrographic and bathymetric surveys.
- Undertaking mapping using ARCS for GiS.
- Reporting to the Environmental Manager.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in an Environmental / Oceanographic / Biological discipline and will need to be self-motivated and be able to work to deadlines.
The ideal candidate would have experience in Environmental Impact Assessment, Marine Planning and the aquaculture industry.
The base location for this position is negotiable.
A full driving licence is essential.
An attractive salary is available for this position. For an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Kelsey Padgett on 07384 515905. To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Closing date: 10 April 2020 at 13:00 hours