L3 MA Engineering Maintenance (Electronics)
Employer: Serco Defence Operations
Location: Saxa Vord, Unst
Serco Defence Operations are looking to recruit an Apprentice Radar Engineer for their facility in Unst.
“We are looking for candidates with a genuine interest in Radar and Communications systems. The important monitoring and maintenance of these systems is achieved through the utilisation of various IT systems, gateways and software. Good communication skills, a willingness to learn and can-do attitude are essential.” Serco Site Technical Manager.
You will need to be able to maintain good time keeping and have the self-discipline to complete your compulsory college based training. This post will involve off the job training for one year at a college on the Scottish Mainland followed by full time attendance at the facility in Unst. Off-the-job training will commence in August 2019.
- 5 National 5 passes including Maths, Physics or Engineering Science [or equivalent] (these can be predicted)
- We would also consider someone who has already achieved a NC/HNC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, a FA in Engineering or other Further Education certificates in Engineering disciplines, Information Technology or Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Work well within a team
- Be able to follow policies and procedures
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with customers
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organisation
- Willingness to learn
- Understand safety principles
- Good timekeeping
- Good work ethic
- Innovative thinker
- Confident working in a customer environment
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Basic understanding of RF
- Ability to gain Security clearance
Please complete the Train Shetland Application form demonstrating (describe and give an example) how you have these skills and experiences. These can be from activities outside of school/college and should cover all of the essential criteria outlines above.
Our application form can be downloaded from the vacancy page on our www.trainshetland.com/vocational_training/ then click on “latest vacancies” at the bottom of the page.
Modern Apprenticeship funding is available for young people ages 16-19 years of age. (Some places may be available for 20+ years of age)
ALL ENQUIRES MUST BE MADE DIRECTLY TO AMANDA McCARTNEY, TRAIN SHETLAND – VOCATIONAL TRAINING, NORTH GREMISTA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, LERWICK, ZE1 0PX.
Tel: 01595 743743