|Address||Greenhead Base, Gremista, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PY|
Full-time, 40 hours per week, permanent.
Lerwick Engineering & Fabrication welcome applications from time-served Fabricator/Welders, who are coded in welding processes: TIG, MIG, SMAW/MMA, FCAW
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out fabrication/welding duties to a high standard and within codes as directed by the Workshop Foreman or Workshop Manager;
- Ability to interpret/work from fabrication drawings;
- Ensure work areas are kept to a high standard, of tidiness and cleanliness;
- Carry out pre-use maintenance and user checks, reporting faults to the Workshop Foreman;
- Ensure shared fabrication equipment (e.g. large drills) are used, kept tidy and maintained correctly;
- Ensure that the quality and health and safety management systems are followed and any problems, perceived or real are reported;
- Have a pro-active approach to all tasks carried out and demonstrate a can-do attitud;
- Strong communication skills;
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Workshop Foreman or Workshop Manager.
- Good Housekeeping;
- Production of quality product within acceptable time scale;
- Quality assurance – All staff are responsible for the completeness of their work and reporting any quality, or perceived quality problems through the Workshop Foreman or Workshop Manager.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Welding qualification/experience essential;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Customer focus;
- Understanding of deadline achievements is essential;
- Full clean UK driving licence.
The above position carries very competitive rates of pay and benefits, including training, along with a generous holiday entitlement.
To apply please telephone or email L/E/F on 01595 692349 or email@example.com for an application form to submit, along with CV and cover letter.