We are looking for two, kind, caring and friendly females to work as part of our dedicated domestic abuse service. These roles will involve delivering specialist therapeutic-emotional and practical support to children and young people who have or are experiencing domestic abuse or other gender-based violence in Shetland.
The successful candidates will:
- Hold an SVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in a relevant field i.e. community justice, social services, health & social care.
- Understand the issues around domestic abuse and other gender-based violence.
- Be prepared to undertake training to meet current service requirements.
- Understand impacts from domestic abuse and adverse childhood experiences on Children and Young People.
- Work in in a trauma informed way within a person-centered ethos.
The posts are part-time, and the successful candidates will be required to work 20hrs per week in a flexible manner that allows for seamless service provision and meets the needs of a small voluntary organisation. The salary for this post is £26,046 to £28,305 pro rata; this includes a Distant Islands Allowance.
These posts are funded by The Scottish Government.
Women only need apply under schedule 9 (Part 1) of the Equality Act 2010.
To receive details of the posts and how to apply please telephone 01595 692070 between 9am and 12 noon Monday to Friday or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 25th November at 5pm.