A NUMBER of drop-in information sessions are taking place over the coming weeks to encourage more people to sign up for this year's Relay For Life fundraiser.
The first event will take place on Saturday (20 January) in Unst and they will take place over the isles, ending in Lerwick on 19 February.
This year's Cancer Research UK Relay For Life is being held at the Clickimin in Lerwick on 26 May.
Local committee chairman Martin Henderson said the events will also provide support and information to people already planning on taking part.
"We'll also be hoping to attract volunteers to help out at what is, after all, a major event in its own right, while we also hope to hear from cancer 'survivors' who have their own very special role during the Relay for Life night itself," he added.
"Our hope is to make the 2018 relay every bit as big and successful as previous events have been, raising vital funds to combat, and hopefully finally eradicate, a disease which continues to affect so many lives."
The schedule of drop-in sessions is as follows:
- Saturday 20 January – Unst Leisure Centre 11am – 1pm, Yell Leisure Centre 2pm – 4pm
- Wednesday 24 January – Mareel, Lerwick 7pm – 9pm
- Saturday 3 February – West Mainland Leisure Centre, Aith – 12pm – 2pm, Brae Hotel 3pm – 5pm
- Tuesday 6 February – Sandwick Social Club 8pm – 10pm
- Saturday 17 February – Whalsay Leisure Centre – 11.30am – 1.30pm
- Monday 19 February – Islesburgh Community Centre, Lerwick 7pm – 9pm